Saturday, February 23, 2013

Rustic Tealight Makeover

It has officially been over a week since my last post!  Boy, time flies and gets busy.  I'm sure as you all know, I've been up to no good with all the wedding planning and such.  


I am always the type of person who thinks up a project and thinks to myself, "Oh, this will be easy and fast!" But in reality, I start the project and start thinking, "Well, it would look better if I also added this detail...and this detail...and this detail too."  So in the end, my simple projects always become complicated.  I don't necessarily consider that a bad quality about myself, but that's where my procrastination trait comes in.

For an example of myself in over my head, here is one of my favorite pictures of my friend Veronica (she blogs over at PassionPinkandPearls.blogspot.com) and I working on a project (and making sad faces).  She is an interior design grad, and now I'm still working on my forever degree.  Why isn't crafting a major??

But even after my crazy story, do not fear!  Today I'm bringing you a "tid-bit" of a project that in itself is easy-peasy.  But you can trust me that it was part of a much larger project.

We will start with tea lights.  Not the real ones that have a live flame, but the battery operated ones.  I wanted to have some candles at our wedding, but I don't want to worry about the wind blowing them out or how long they would last.  Oklahoma is normally pretty windy (unless it is 130 degrees and you wish for even the slightest breeze...)  So I went out and bought a bunch of them from the Dollar Tree (did I mention that is my wedding central?)  You get a package of 3 for a dollar, so not too expensive.  But, in reality the fake candles are kind of cheesy in my opinion.

This is why I bring you my Rustic Tealight Makeover....

This in itself is really easy.  All you do is pretty obvious.  
Just take twine, and hot glue it all the way around the outside of the candle.  And done!


I think they look much less cheapy this way, and certainly more rustic!

Until next time (have a cup of coffee)!


16 comments:

  1. These are really cute! Planning a wedding these days seems so exciting but I bet with all the Pinterest ideas, etc. it can be incredibly overwhelming! I'm your newest follower from the Meet and Greet.
    Sandy
    http://savardstudios.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thanks! Haha, Pinterest does give lots of ideas....but I'm glad with it! I'm just happy I wasn't one of those who got married the year before Pinterest came around. I always hear so many friends complaining about that!

      Delete
  2. such a cute + clever idea! thanks for sharing. now a follower via the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! They are so simple and cute, yet so perfectly pretty! Great idea :)

    found you via the meet and greet blog hop! So happy to have popped by. *waves hello* from a new follower, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel! You're right, they are extremely simple! Glad you dropped in!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! They are adorable and the twine gives them a much more unique look!

    Stopping by from Monday Mingling... :) Come say hello!

    Kenz
    www.lifeaccordingtokenzblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! They do look a lot less cheap-y, you are right! Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime! So glad you linked up. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! Much cuter than "plain".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nifty idea - snazzed those candles right up! :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1