Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wedding Memory Christmas Ornament

Our First Married Christmas

Today I thought I'd also show you an ornament I made from our wedding favors since it is made by the same process as the Starbucks Sleeve Ornament that I showed you yesterday!  It was going to be in the same post, but the post was getting ridiculously long for something so simple, so I'm splitting them up.

As most of you probably know, this will be our first Christmas as a married couple!  I've seen a lot of ideas to commemorate some memory from your wedding as a Christmas ornament, so after making the Starbucks Sleeve Ornament this seemed like a no brainer.

You might not remember, but I made our wedding favors from Starbucks sleeves that I turned inside out and glued onto a white favor bag filled with candy.  I'd created our own coffee seal that I pasted on the front of the sleeve to make them 'our' favors.  See below?
One of our wedding favors.
We had a TON of leftover wedding favors (seriously, who wouldn't want to take a bag of chocolate home?) so I took one of the sleeves off to use it for an ornament.

I still have a lot of thrift store ornaments from last year, so I used one of those.


On the bottom, I wrote "1st Christmas" so in the future we'll remember what it is.
Like we'd forget, but you never know.  ;)

I did a trial run that didn't work out so well, so on this one, I cut the sleeve, contouring the seal and then slimming down as it went back.  It fit much more snugly to the ornament to prevent it from getting bent in storage.
Whoa overexposure.  Sorry!


Here you can see how I had to contour the sleeve.  

Also, before I added it to the tree, I used some ribbon I kept from one of our wedding presents and tied it to the ornament hanger.  I love being able to remember our wedding with this ornament!


It fits right in with my coffee bar tree!



Let's Drink Coffee, Darling

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that's super cute! We're getting married just AFTER Christmas, so I suppose we'll have to wait a year to think of something cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm sure you'll think of the perfect thing in the time in between!

      Delete
  2. I love this! What a great 1st wedding ornament. The little handmade touches will mean so much more down the line than the typical generic ornaments purchased in a store. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin! Yes, the little handmade things will be much more full of memories!

      Delete
  3. This is such a sweet idea :) Hope you two have a wonderful first Christmas! Thanks for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned our really nicely! :D (isn't it crazy how many people don't take their wedding favours?!? Like, we spent money and/or time for them and it's just left! I was pretty annoyed til my mom in law found use for left overs :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was aware from my friends wedding that a lot of people don't take them, so we decided to make candy favors instead of a decorative thing and people still didn't take them! I was just confused, because who doesn't take chocolate, eat it? We spent a lot of money on candy and a lot of it ruined because even with everyone in my immediate family, we couldn't eat it soon enough before the chocolate got chalky. That really frustrated me!

      Delete
  5. What a creative way to make your first Christmas even more memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up at Craft Frenzy Friday last week -- just in case you missed it, I chose to feature this project for the week! See you again over at West Street :)

    http://www.weststreetstory.com/craft-frenzy-friday-16/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1