Friday, January 10, 2014

Pillow Talk

Today, I have another wonderful funny marriage story for you.  Or maybe it is my first funny marriage story.  I'm not too good about remembering to share those on here.

Let's just have a preface of a few of my husband's sleeping habits.
  1. If you talk to him, he might respond back to you, but that doesn't mean he is aware of what is going on or remember it the next day.  This usually results in either him saying something funny or being cranky.
  2. He isn't a cover hog, but he likes to kick them off during the night.  But rather than kicking them off and being generous to his spouse, he lets the floor be warm.
  3. We have two big fluffy pillows, two thin pillows and a body pillow on our bed.  We both like to sleep on the thin pillows, the fluffy pillows are just there for looks, and the body pillow is seldom used.
There, I think that's all we need to set up our story.
*Disclaimer:  This is only my side of the story.  My husband does not remember this occurrence, and thus cannot be judged too harshly.  I am also writing with sarcasm to emphasis how funny this was the next morning when I woke up.

A few nights ago, I was sound asleep.  Suddenly, I was jolted awake by the abrupt removal of my pillow from under my head.

I sat up to see what the problem was, and as I did so, my husband nestled his head onto MY pillow.  In my sleepy state, I took the pillow right back from him.

As I stated earlier, he didn't even know what he'd done in his sleep, so he "woke up" and took the pillow back again and said, "Why'd you take my pillow??"  I responded, "It was my pillow, you just took it from me!"  So he responded, "No, its my pillow.  Your pillow is on the floor."

I looked over the side of the bed to see only the giant fluffy pillow that we never use for sleeping.  At that point, at 4:00 in the morning, it wasn't worth it to climb over my husband and grab his pillow that was undoubtedly in the floor, so I slept the rest of the night without a pillow.

The next day, Tyler was still on leave for Christmas, so we woke up mid-morning and were in no rush to get around.  He had already gotten up to make coffee and play some video games or something and came in to sit by me when I woke up.  

While we were chatting about Christmas and other relevant events, I asked him, "Was there a thin pillow in the brown pillowcase on your side in the floor this morning?"  He replied, "Yes."

Then I asked, "Was I sleeping on a pillow when you woke up?"  So he replied, "No, you were sleeping on your arm."

So then I asked, "Do you remember what you did last night?"  Of course, he said, "No..."

I told him the story I just told you all, and we laughed and laughed.  He might be a nice guy by day, but he's a pillow stealin' machine at night!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. that is too funny!! sounds like something my husband would do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, its funny the things we do (unintentionally) in our sleep!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha... sadly it's usually me doing mean things in my sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the only time I'm really mean is if he tries to talk to me while I'm still asleep in the mornings! Oops - not a morning person!

      Delete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1