Monday, December 10, 2012

Kindness

Over the past couple days, a few special people in my life have showed me the sweetest (most random) kindness!  I can't help but share what they did for me during these great awful few days of school work!

My future sister-in-law at some point saw my status update, that was really just an outburst of my frustration for having written a paper all day Saturday. And, someway somehow I had run out of coffee just in time for dead week.  Who doesn't remember to buy coffee for dead week, especially if you have a blog called "Let's Drink Coffee, Darling."  Its sacrilegious to my life.
My status...

About an hour later (mind you, this was like midnight) there was a knock on my door.  I was pretty confused, and when I open the door I see Kelsey.  She hands over a bag of coffee, a bag from McDonalds, and a form that she wrote "Reality Check" on.  

Pretty clever, eh? She's too sweet!  And it was nice to get a little break and have someone to talk to for a little bit!


My study area. :(

Then, on Sunday, I took a nap during the afternoon after church.  When I woke up, I started some dinner, and when Tyler came over, he found this taped on my door for me.  It was nameless, but I can tell you exactly who it was!  My bestie Deana left this cute note on my door, with some "brain fuel."

A little bit of college friend group history:  
Over the years within my group of college friends, we have made it almost customary to plaster each other's doors with fun and funny signs for various reasons.  It started our freshman year with birthdays, and then moved on to various things!  Way to go, Deana, for continuing the tradition!

If chocolate is brain fuel, then I must be really smart! ;)

Thanks girls!  You're both so sweet, glad to have you as friends!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet way to bless you! I pray I can be aware like she was....ready to recognize these small ways to bless others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm glad you got it!
    Those boys sure do keep me busy!!

    What an awesome sis in law you have. I'm lucky enough to have one of them too :)
    Good luck on your studying & the tests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, so thoughtful of your bestie! it's those little thing in life for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that your family and friends have been there for you in fun and meaningful ways! After reading this, I am even more impressed by the Christmas card I received from you in the swap. So cute...and handmade! Was so happy to received the card and it's message yesterday!! I am your newest follower. You can find me at peaceitalltogether.blogspot.com. Hope your take time to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1