Sunday, March 31, 2013

Timeless...

Where in the world does the time go??  Here it has already been a week or two since my last post, so I thought I'd just spill some wedding updates!

Right now I'm up at (5:00 am...trust me, I've been the morning from the other side, not just waking up early) working on our overdue wedding invitations that I somehow lost the time to design.

Well.  I designed them.  I just didn't like it so I changed it.

And now I'm an AWFUL bride for not having them out yet, and it is less than two months until the wedding now.  Yes, just shame me now.

Today is Sunday, Easter, and the goal is to have them all printed and in a mailbox somewhere waiting on Monday morning mail time.

I finally went yesterday and turned my wedding dress over to the seamstress to be altered.  Yes, you can shame me for waiting so late on that one too.  We took the dress to Stillwater (if you don't know, that's the town of my rival college) since the alteration shop there seemed so much more reasonable that those near Norman.  I'm really excited that I made that decision, because even though I had to drive a ways, the price of alterations near Norman was adding up to around $150 or more.  I only had to pay $73 to have them done in Stillwater!  I'll let you know how it goes!

While in Stillwater, my Mom and I went through a few antique shops before heading back.  I'm pretty excited because I found two little treasures to my heart.


I found two Welsh Love Spoons!  The reason they are near to my heart is because I spent one wonderful summer in Wales a few years ago.  For some reason while I was there, I didn't really get myself a souvenir  I guess because I was only thinking about getting them for others.  Since then, I've wished I had gotten a Welsh Love Spoon....I was actually thinking about it last week.

Love spoons have a sweet story.  They are hand carved, and traditionally are a gift to one's lover.  They are full of symbolic meanings.  I'm really excited about both spoons I found yesterday, and I'm planning to hang the one with the hearts on my wall once we're married.

I HAD to get them, because first of all I wanted them.  Second of all, I couldn't stand them sitting there in that shop and no one realizes that they are more than just a little knick-knack.  Most people don't know that they are most likely from Wales, and the possible stories of how they came back to a little antique shop in Stillwater, Oklahoma just fascinates me.

So, todays post is called "Timeless."  Partially, the meaning of that title is because time just slips away so quickly, I'm starting to feel like I've lost all my time!  But, in another way I'm reminded that those memories can come back in an unexpected moment.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, time IS flying by! I can't believe it is already April!! Loving your blog pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Shelby! You're right, it seems to me like we just rang in the new year. haha

      Delete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1