With that all said, ringing in the new year isn't something that I get extremely excited about...probably because I normally do nothing exciting. I don't like new years resolutions, and I'm not a big party girl. I don't see one particular day of the year as an incentive to find something about my lifestyle to change, and I also don't believe resolutions generally bring lasting results. I do, however, find it a great time to look back.
2012 has been a rough year for my family with the death of my uncle, and a few serious medical conditions that arose with some other family members. At the same time, though, many wonderful things have happened like my engagement with Tyler, two job opportunities that have given me insight within two very different fields, and the enjoyment of planning our wedding. I also started this blog this year, which has been a lot of fun to work on and learn how to do.
While in some ways I welcome 2013, as it is our wedding year, I find a lot of uncertainty in it as well, thus I feel some reluctance in its coming. But we can't stop it, so I suppose I'll take the uncertainty day by day.
1 & 2: My last few days in China were the first few days of 2012. Bittersweet!
3. Finally back in 'Merica with my man Tyler. Love him!
4. Rode down the parking garage on a worn out computer chair. Police questioned us, then laughed.
5. Had another fun year being roomies with Sherry!
6. I got ENGAGED!
7. My best friend got engaged!
8. Fun times with my girl.
9. My friends Kevin and Veronica got married, and had a beautiful wedding!
10. My friends Gavin and Stephanie got married, their wedding was also beautiful...not to mention the awesome iGo reunion their wedding caused!
11. My friend from high school Ashley got married to the love of her life, they are both so sweet!
12. My roomie's boyfriend lives in America now, so we get to go on double dates!
13. Deana's bachelorette party was a fun time for girlfriends! Girls just wanna have fun!
14. Tyler and I shared our first Christmas actually being together on that day!
That's a quick recap of 2012, looking forward to a promising 2013!