This past week of wedding planning has been especially fun!
Some tidbits of what I did:
- On Friday night I had the blessing of doing some wedding work with my bestie Deana! (She has a blog too!) We worked on some of her favors, had much needed girl time, and had fun talking about and choosing wedding songs!
|My best friend Deana, who is also getting married! She will be my Matron of honor!|
- I'm using old Cains coffee cans for part of my centerpieces, but needed something to fill them with. To buy the amount of floral foam it would take to fill all my cans would cost over $20, so I didn't want to continue with that option. Deana provided me with some old Styrofoam which worked great to fill the cans without high expense!
I may, or may not, have made Deana's apartment this messy. Except for I used whole styrofoam, not peanuts. The small static-like pieces were everywhere.
- I learned this week that microwaving a glass candle holder to melt the excess candle wax to reuse does not work, because the glass explodes in the microwave. This learning experience might just be as embarrassing as learning my freshman year that microwaving caramel in a wax Dixie Cup leads to the dorm fire alarms going off.
- I learned that the expensive bag of 50 glue sticks from walmart that I bought and my old handy dandy glue gun are not friends with each other, even though they are supposedly the appropriate size for each other.
- I've learned that the flatware sold in stores is just not nearly as lovely as the vintage silverware I use now, or any vintage silverware for that matter. If I had more than 4 per piece, I would just stick with what I have.
- I have created a playlist for our reception songs, and also began timing which parts of our songs we'll use during the ceremony. The next step will be to cut and mix...so glad my roomie can help me do that part!