"What's new with your wedding planning this week...and last week," you ask? Well I'm so glad you asked!
As my title suggests, I got a lot of really important mail (last) week, since I got so busy and forgot to post this last Wednesday. This week I will just update for the past two weeks, especially since they have been somewhat uneventful as a result of school.
- First off, my Save the Dates came in! I'm just using a photo as our Save the Date, which I edited using Photoscape and Gimp. Have I mentioned I love Photoscape? I edit all my pictures with this program. Free, and good for simple edits. I'll share our save the date after we've gotten them sent out, but I wouldn't want to ruin the fun for those getting their picture in the mail or in person. :)
- ***UPDATE*** It turns out that my Save the Dates actually said May 18, 2012 instead of May 18, 2013. Looks like I'll be reprinting those...
- Since I had my computer fixed and had to re-download Photoscape onto my computer, I can no longer find the fonts I used on my original Save the Dates. This turns into a larger problem each day it seems.
- I also got some beautiful wood scraps I ordered, which I plan to do various small projects with.
- I received some sample invitations in the mail from Wedding Paper Divas (beautiful invites), which was really fun to look at, and helpful to see sizing and colors, since I plan to design and print my own invites.
- Most importantly, however, was my WEDDING DRESS!! Yes, I can see it now...why am I getting my wedding dress in the mail? Well, after such trouble finding a dress that I liked in the stores, I turned to online dresses. They are much more affordable, and have more selections. And, no. I didn't try it on before I bought it. It came in a little big, but that's nothing that some alterations can't take care of. (P.S. Does anyone know a seamstress around Norman/OKC?)
- For the first 5 months of being engaged, I thought it was so awful that I so badly wanted a Fall wedding, but had to wait until Spring when every other soul has their Wedding. I'm still having Fall colors, and now I'm realizing I have the opportunity to purchase many of my things early and on sale, since my shades of brown will be out of season by the time we reach Spring.
- This week, I've had to put most of my wedding stuff aside for the sake of school, additionally I had to craft our Halloween costumes. This may have meant hiding my wedding crafting supplies from myself.
Hoping school lightens up soon so I can resume working on my wedding stuff, but I'm not expecting it to do that too soon.