Saturday, September 22, 2012

Why I Love Fall...

In honor of the first day of Fall, I thought I'd celebrate with a list of the reasons Fall is the world's greatest season!

Reasons Why Fall is so GREAT!

1. The Temperature
Really, summers in Oklahoma are just too darn hot.  I liked summer as a kid, but now, I could live with just the other three seasons.  At least in Oklahoma.  One summer, we used my car to bake some cookies.  Yes, we ate them, and yes, they turned out quite well.  Here's to the end of summer, and the beginning of life returned to normalcy with jeans, long sleeves and scarves.
This is my car.  In the Oklahoma summer, it is a bakery.
2.  Pumpkin Pirates
Have you ever heard of Pumpkin Pirates?  Didn't think so.  Well, good thing I am going to teach you about them.  Every Fall, there is a Little Debbie snack that comes out called Pumpkin Delights.  They taste like Pumpkin.  

Well, when I was a youngster, I happened to eat one of these snacks by biting off an eye.  Needless to say, it looked like a pirate, and to this day my family and some of my friends now join in Pirate Pumpkin celebration.  They really 'arr lots of fun.

3. Fall is for Football
Oh yes, you know you can't deny it.  Even you summer loving crazies out there can't deny that football season is undeniably best suited for Fall.  I mean, how else could you stand in the student section for 6 hours with a ton of people if it were not perfect weather?   And what can beat being warm in your bundle of clothes, but still getting a cold nose and cheeks?
Me with my friends Veronica and Kayla at a Sooner football game!

4.  Fall has the BEST smells!
I don't know if you have noticed, but most of the lovely smells in life happen during Fall.  For example, the smell of a wood stove burning in the country, the smell of pumpkin pie, and the smell of apple cider.  Fall is always a wonderful time to build a fire in the back yard and listen to it crackle while you smell that wonderful smokey smell.  Am I alone in loving that smell?!

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/5-simmer-pot-recipes-to-make-y-129977
Image via Apartment Therapy.

5.  Fall is by far the prettiest and most fun season!
I love the colors of Fall.  All earthy browns, reds, oranges, yellows and such.  I can wear clothes in this color pallet, I can jump in leaves that are that color, I can look at trees that turn those colors.  I get to carve orange pumpkins, run though yellow corn mazes, and wear red OU shirts.
My last Fall was 2 years ago.  Since I studied abroad in
"The City of Eternal Spring," I didn't get to see these lovely colors last year.


Oh, and not to forget that it is pretty darn fun to watch the squirrels burying their nuts.

I like squirrels.  :)

What are your favorite things about Fall?  Is it your favorite season too?

Have a very happy first day of Fall!

P.S.  My good friend Louis has joined the blog world!  His blog is about men, and what they think...so if you don't know what a good Christian man thinks about, then you should head on over to Straight Up Man Logic!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1