Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Wedding Weekend

This past weekend was especially productive wedding planning! 

My mom and I made a day of it to go down to the wedding venue again and take some measurements, count electrical outlets, rearrange tables and count seats.  

We also took the opportunity to practice using my secret wedding music so that I know how much time I'll need to cut the songs.  Turns out the song I chose for my processional is perfectly timed with the entire length of the song and the distance I'll have to walk.  Talk about picking the perfect song. :)

My mom and I at the wedding venue!

We walked around looking for sticks for some of my wedding crafts (will show these later...like, in 3ish months).  That was fun!

Here's me with my new stick!
We then went to meet the cake lady, discuss pricing and flavors.  That was lots of fun, and nice to have that under my belt!  We have her reserved, and she has very reasonable prices!

After that, we walked over to a nearby store that we THOUGHT was an antique store (that's our thing), but it actually turned out to be a wine shop.  It was called the Rusty Nail Winery.  They gave us free samples of a tasty spiced wine, as well as samples of their wine slushie in pomegranate and berry flavors....talk about tastie!  I may be a coffee junkie, but I'm really a wine wimpy...so this was my kind of store!

Afterward, we decided to hike on over to Walmart and look at pricing on cups and disposable plates.  Cups are all out of the way, now we'll just have to find the rest of the utensils elsewhere.  (Any suggestions on the best deals for clear plastic plates?  Walmart didn't sell them.)

After having a day this productive, how could I call it quits by 4:30 pm?  I mean...seriously.  I'm a night owl. We decided to pay my grandma a visit and go "attic shopping."

Are you wondering the meaning of attic shopping?

Well, when you have a grandmother like mine, she not only has an entire house full of lovely antique and rustic decorations, she also has enough in her attic to fill another house.  She has collected these things over the years, and really has an amazing antique collection.  Her attic is more profound than any antique store I've ever walked in.
As an example, this is just one corner of her house at Christmas.
Very cute, very rustic, and quite full.  :)
But maybe I'm biased.

Anyway, we came back home with a car load of rustic decorations, greenery, and tablecloths.  And of course it is always nice to see them since I don't get much time to go back to their town these days.

And yes, by this time the day was almost over.  And what a day it was.


13 comments:

  1. Sam's! We bought all our cups and utensils there...we got our plates from Oriental Trading Company...so cheap!
    (ps: I have a Sam's card and can totally take you if yall don't)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha okay. Did they have plates there too? Or just cups? We already have all the cups and napkins, still need utensils and plates. We'll probably take you up on your offer sometime between now and then! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds lovely! I would love to go attic shopping. Do you have a Costco nearby? I know ours has really nice clear plastic plates and utensils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, I don't think we have Costco here in Oklahoma. The closest thing we have to that chain is Sam's Club, which you need membership to buy from. But thank you so much for the suggestion...I've never been to a Costco but they always sound pretty cool! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from the link up!! Glad your wedding planning is going smoothly! I need to secretly practice my walk with the length of the song too, good idea!!
    Jax
    www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jax,
      Thanks for stopping by! Hope you will have good results find a place to practice your song! :)

      Delete
  4. Stopping by from the link up! That's great that you are able to proactice in your venue! I don't think we will be able to until the rehersal :/ I can't wait to see what you do with the branches! I love wedding crafts! xoxo, Lindsay
    www.llstyling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay,
      even if you can find out the length of the isle you will walk, you can practice in your back yard or outside somewhere. We just put the song on a CD in the car and turned it up really loud.

      I was afraid I would need to edit the song to fit the distance (it is the type of song that would sound weird if it were just faded out, so I wanted it to be timed perfectly...which amazingly that happened naturally. I hope you will get some time to practice, but I'm sure it will all work out even if you don't get to! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so jealous that you're able to shop your grandmother's attic! How fun! I hope you found some good stuff in there :) And thanks for linking up this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joelle! Shopping her attic is always fun, I'll be sure to post some goodies and how we used them once the wedding is over! I'll make sure people take lots of pictures for me to blog with! haha

      Delete
  6. haha I'm jealous about your processional! our aisle is like 5 seconds long... I have no idea what we'll do :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Betsy, at first I was so worried about how long the isle was..but now I'm wouldn't have it another way. What you could do is have a song that has a climatic introduction before you actually start your walk...mine kind of does that and it is awesome. I'll be sure to reveal the song once everything is over! So difficult to blog about a wedding when you want everything to be a surprise! Good luck, even if your walk is short, I'm sure it will still be sweet! :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1