Saturday, November 30, 2013

DIY Starbucks Christmas Garland


This Starbucks Christmas Garland was made with the DIY Starbucks Ornament - go read that post first and then you'll be all caught up!  I'll wait!  :)


Okay, you're back now?  Good!

DIY Starbucks Ornament
 After making enough Starbucks ornaments for my garland, I then cut the rough edge of braided jute from the edge of a gunny sack.  If you don't have gunny sacks, you can buy them really cheap.  I got mine at Atwoods.  

If you still can't find them, I suppose you could braid the thin just you find at craft stores, or use strips of burlap - but that wouldn't hold up as strong, so it is my suggestion to cut edges of gunny sacks.

After cutting the strip out, I hot glued white ribbon twisted around the burlap edge.  This has two purposes.  First, it adds some interest for the eye and second, you will tie your ornaments between two glued places so that they won't all fall to the center when you hang the garland up.


See how each brown ribbon is tied so that the white ribbon won't let it slide down to the center?



I think this garland would look great on a wall, and great in a tree, or even with some green garland.



Ahh, the warmth of Starbucks intertwined with lovely Christmas lights.  


Makes me want a caramel macchiato. 

(Is it weird that since I lived in China, I literally can't think of a caramel macchiato without saying jiāo táng mǎ qí duǒ?  Seriously, it is so much more fun to say.)


16 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about what to do with these things today and here it is ... thanks for the inspiration! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are these starbucks garland? Love them!

    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love this for my kitchen at my coffee station...I think I need to do it! Pinning!
    Thanks,
    Sami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so easy, Sami! That's where I put mine as well is by the coffee bar. :)

      Delete
  4. Such a cute idea for those Starbucks addicts like me!

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the Dwelling Tree Hop. Now following via GFC and Facebook.

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to let you know you will be featured tomorrow on Made in a Day and all my Social Media Sites! Congrats! Thanks so much for linking up!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Love me some Starbucks, so this would be perfect! Now I need a Salted Caramel Mocha... Yum!!

    Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! All the Starbucks talk does make it hard to not want one indeed! :)

      Delete

Copyright 2012-2014 Saxon Smith (Let's Drink Coffee, Darling). All rights reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-49062203-1